Learn how you can integrate your Extempore class into D2L.
Step 1: Request a Consumer Key and Secret to connect the two systems
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to contact your institution’s D2L Administrator in order to initiate this process.
In order for D2L and Extempore to be able to communicate, the first step is for your institution to request a Consumer Key and Secret. Extempore will generate these two codes and your institution’s D2L Admin will input them into the system.
How does my Admin request a Consumer Key and Secret to integrate D2L and Extempore?
Please visit this web page in order to initiate the process. The Extempore team will contact the requestor within 24 hours with the required information.
I have the Consumer Key and Secret. What do I do now?
- Log in to Brightspace by D2L as a Super Administrator user.
- Navigate to a course
- Click on Content (Navbar link) or Content Browser (located under the Navbar).
- Under the Table of Contents, click into the text box where the “Add a module…” text is visible and type in Extempore.
- Select the Course Admin link located in the Navbar.
- Click External Learning Tools, under Site Resources.
- Click New Link under the Manage External Learning Tool Links tab.
- On the New Link page, enter the following in the fields:
- Title: Extempore App
- URL: Extempore Support will provide
- Description: none
- Visibility: Check the box to allow users to view the link
- Key/Secret: Check the option for “Sign messages with key/secret with,” then select the radio option for “Link key/secret”
- Key: Extempore Support will provide
- Secret: Extempore Support will also provide
- Custom Parameters: none
- Security Settings: Click the radio button for “Use link security settings” and ensure all check boxes are selected
- Click Save and Close.
Done. Extempore will now appear on the list of external tool links