- Synchronous Groups - In our newest feature, students can chat face-to-face on connect on Extempore just like they would on Zoom or Google Meet. Once finished, these conversations are recorded and sent back to the instructor for feedback and individualized grading.
- Lockdown Browser - Tracks instances where students navigated away from Extempore during a single attempt question.
- Google Classroom Integration - Allows teachers to sync their Google Classroom classes, roster, and assignments with Extempore.
- Student Portfolio - In our upcoming feature, students will be able to 'star' work and track their overall progress on Extempore for the duration of their academic career.
- Gradebook Redesign - improved reporting and exporting capabilities with a brand new look.
Option to Not Accept Late Work
- By default, late work is accepted on Extempore. Late submissions will be labeled in red as late in the Grading tab. Read more about preventing students from submitting late work.
Grading Tab Performance Enhancement
- The grading tab now loads faster than ever.
New Student Mobile App
- New look/feel for students and bug fixes
- Recordings for timed responses will now begin automatically!
- Video recordings no longer take up the entire screen so students can record while they view the prompt.
- Extempore prevents students from being able to paste text for written responses.
- Include text, video or audio files as answer choices. Assess either interpretive mode with multiple choice questions.
- Save and reuse rubrics for future assessments.