Before you start
- Remember that Chrome is the preferred browser when using Extempore. You can download it for free here.
Granting Camera and Microphone Access
When you log into Extempore for the first time you will be prompted to record a test video and allow Camera and Microphone access.
If you accidentally click "Block", the video will not record successfully. You'll need to access settings in your browser to set it back to allow.
Here's how you allow camera access:
1. In your browser search bar, type: chrome://settings/privacy
2. Scroll down to Privacy and security
3. Click on Site Settings
4. Click on Camera and ensure https://student.extemporeapp.com is in the "allow" section.
5. Do the same on Microphone
This article from Google Support has more information and troubleshooting tips.