Please Note: sending grades to Canvas will only be available after you've integrated Extempore into the LMS. Please see the "How do I Integrate Extempore into Canvas" article for more information.
- A RUBRIC must be included on your Extempore Assignment.
- Your STUDENTS must access the Extempore assignment through Canvas at least once per assignment for grades to transfer.
Step 1: Ensure you have your Extempore assessment linked to a Canvas assignment
Only Extempore assessments with a rubric will have grades that can be sent to Canvas. Please see the "How do I insert an Extempore assignment into Canvas?" article for more information on how to do this.
Step 2: Grade your assignments
You can grade directly on Extempore, or you can grade through Canvas. The grading process does not change whether your institution has integrated with Canvas or not.
Please pay attention to the number of points you set up in your Canvas assignment and ensure that they match the number of points in Extempore's rubric.
Step 3: Send your grades to Canvas from Extempore's grading screen
If your institution has integrated Extempore into Canvas, you will see a button called "Send to Canvas" next to each assessment with at least one rubric criteria.
You can send grades to Canvas at any point during the grading process, but if you continue grading (either grade more questions/students, or edit an already sent grade), you need to resend the grades so your latest additions are reflected on the Canvas grade book.
Q: Some students grades are not transferring to Canvas?
- A: This most likely means that these students did not access the assignment from within Canvas. They can retroactively access the assignment through Canvas so that you can send grades.
Q: I do not see the option to 'Send to Canvas' on the Grading tab.
- A1: Make sure you have a rubric on this assignment.
- A2: Make sure you've inserted the assignment in Canvas correctly.