In order for Blackboard and Extempore to be able to communicate, the first step is for your institution's Blackboard administrator to request a Consumer Key and Secret. Extempore will generate these two codes and your institution’s Blackboard Admin will input them into the system along with the following information, below.
How does my Blackboard Admin request a Consumer Key and Secret to integrate Blackboard and Extempore?
Please visit this web page in order to initiate the process. The Extempore team will contact the requester within 24 hours with the required information.
I have the Consumer Key and Secret. What do I do now?
In Blackboard navigate to the following.
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > LTI > Add external tool configuration
1. Configure the Following Data in the Tool Provider Information Section
- Type Extempore for the external tool as it will appear in your site. The name entered is visible to instructors when adding external tools within courses.
Tool Provider URL: https://cms.extemporeapp.com/lti/launch
2. Insert the following data in the Provider Domain Status & Default Configuration areas:
- Provider Domain: cms.extemporeapp.com
- Provider Domain Status: Approved
- Default Configuration: Set Globally
- Tool Provider Key: this will be provided by Extempore's support team
- Tool Provider Secret: this will be provided by Extempore's support team
3. Select the following under Institution Policies:
- Send User Data: Over any connection
- User Fields to Send: All
- Allow Membership Service: No
- Show User Acknowledgment Message: No
- Label: ExtemporeApp
- Handle: Extempore
- Availability: Yes
- Type: Course Content Tool > Allows Grading