Step 1: Request a Consumer Key and Secret to connect the two systems
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to contact your institution’s Blackbaud Administrator in order to initiate this process.
In order for Blackbaud and Extempore to be able to communicate, the first step is for your institution to request a Consumer Key and Secret. Extempore will generate these two codes and your institution’s Blackbaud Admin will input them into the system.
How does my Blackbaud Admin request a Consumer Key and Secret to integrate Canvas and Extempore?
Please visit this web page in order to initiate the process. The Extempore team will contact the requestor within 24 hours with the required information.
I have the Consumer Key and Secret. What do I do now?
- Navigate to settings within Blackbaud and select integration settings.
2. Select Learning tools then Add Provider
4. Click Other Provider as Provider Type
5. Under Edit Provider Select the following:
6. Enter in the Launch URL, Consumer Key, and Shared Secret you have been given.
7. Once the information has been entered, press save.
Note: Once a provider has been added, you can see where the tool is placed by selecting the name of the tool. From here, you can further refine the information by school year and content type in addition to a log detailing each location where the tool has been placed.