How does a Locked Attempt happen?
Locked attempts can only happen on a Single Attempt question on Extempore. One of the following must have occurred:
- Student viewed the prompt and backed out without submitting a response.
- Student refreshed their page without submitting a response.
- Student lost internet connection or the device died before submitting a response.
Resetting an attempt from your computer
When you access the grading tab, you will see, above the completed assessments, a list of all locked attempts.
- Clicking "Reset" will allow the student to try again.
- Clicking "Hide" will remove the locked attempt from your grading tab.
Be careful! Neither of these actions can be undone.
Please note that your students will have to refresh their screen or app in order to be able to see the unlocked attempt.